By ‘work on all devices’ we mean Responsive. This allows your website to respond to the device that it is being viewed on and gives the user the best possible experience regardless of whether they use a phone, tablet, computer or other device.
There are now more than 232 sizes of screens available in different devices. Instead of creating 232 different layouts for your website, we create one layout that detects how wide the screen is on the device being used and automatically works out the best layout to display. Since this layout is ‘responding’ to the screen size, the website design is called ‘responsive design’.
If your website design is not responsive then many users will not be able to view and use your website.
When we say many; over 53% of users in the UK now use a mobile device to access the internet. By not having a website with a responsive design you could be losing more than half of your potential target market, customers and sales.
A number of website owners have a ‘mobile’ version but technology never stops moving forward and in addition to mobile phones there are now many different devices like touchscreen tablets and small notebook computers. A mobile version will only work on a few of them whereas a responsive website will work on all of them.Google recommends webmasters follow the industry best practice of using responsive web design, namely serving the same HTML for all devices and using only CSS media queries to decide the rendering on each device. – Google
The range of screen sizes and resolutions is increasing every day. Sticking with a website that is designed to work on desktop computers only or trying to create a different version of a website that targets each individual device is not a practical way forward.
It’s not just small mobile screens, either. Large, high-resolution displays are starting to become much more common than they used to be, and businesses need to take advantage of this.
Responsive website design addresses the future head on.
- Your website looks great on all devices – Users do not need to zoom in on smaller devices to try and read the content. The design displays a website that fits the device being used and most importantly, a website that works.
- All of your content is available – All of the pages on your website are available on every device.
- Saves time and money – No need to design and maintain additional sites for each type of device.
- Search Engine Optimisation is improved – Google wants to send visitors to sites they want to see. In fact, they’ve said Google ranks sites optimised for mobile devices higher in mobile searches.
- Better performance – The responsive design displays images optimised for each device. In turn your website will load and display quicker. Over 40% of people will abandon a website page if it takes more than three seconds to load.
- Future Proof –Responsive Design is fluid and adapts to new technology.
- Easy To Manage – Content can be edited and update using one single content management system.
E-Commerce is the term given to websites that operate as an Online Shop. Whether you have 10 products or services to sell or 10,000, we have the software, knowledge, skill and experience required to make your business work online. Depending on your requirements and how you want your Online Business to grow, we will give you the best advice on how to achieve the success you want.